Maurissa Ailion Biography
Maurissa Ailion established Triumph Human Response to Crisis in 1983 and is the Director and Principal Clinician. Previously The Director of The Staff Counselling & Consultancy Service at The Royal Adelaide Hospital responsible for 7,000 staff across many worksites. More recently Maurissa worked for SIDS and Kids working with families who had lost a child as well teaching programs to SAPOL, NGO’s and Childcare centers.
Maurissa is has a long history of successful; involvement with community and public sectors and excellent connections across many groups. She is an articulate communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills as well being an effective leader, manager, and team builder. A Proven professional with extensive experience in Project Management, Creative Problem Solving and Trouble Shooting with the ability to act as an Advocate, Mediator, Facilitator, and Trainer. Maurissa is an eloquent emcee and public speaker.
Her Qualifications include: MEd (HRS), BASW (Psych, Group Work) JP, MAIES, Registered EMDR Specialist, Accredited MBTI Trainer, Accredited CIMA Trainer, Accredited AASW Mental Health Social Worker and MIMMS Registered Trainer, practicing life coach, Reiki practitioner.
- Provides a private practice in contemporary counseling and group work in medical clinics and a private office in the eastern suburbs.
- Author of two books.
- Provided training programs to AASWSA on CISM, Trauma and Self-Care 2014 -2017
- Teaching Assertiveness for Midwifery Students, University SA 2011 -2014
- Provided comprehensive bereavement counseling and an after-hours crisis response service for SIDS and Kids SA.
- Directed a unique Counselling and Consultancy service at the Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) Pioneered and provided clinical leadership for the first CISM program and protocols in a hospital setting from 1985 to 2009.
- Contributed to the RAH low psychological claims by teaching all staff across the organization about Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM).
- An inaugural member of Crisis Management Australasia a testimony to her pioneering works in the field of trauma response.
- Developed programs for Managers: “Survival Tips”, “Dealing with Absenteeism”, “Respectful Leadership”, “and Personal Stress Regimen”.
- Collaborated on Respectful Behaviours & Tool Kit Project with Central Northern Adelaide Health Service.
- Teaching modules with Adelaide Universities: “Stress Management”, “Grief & Bereavement” “Health Wellbeing & Resilience” “Client/ Worker Relationships”.
Maurissa is innovative, passionate and committed to her work. She is dedicated to supporting and mentoring colleagues and workers. Her ethos is one of “making a difference” and “going the extra mile” She places a strong value on relationships and relationship building in every aspect of her work, with an understanding that developing and nurturing respectful relationships is fundamental to life. She has a great sense of humor.
Crisis Intervention and Management Australasia (CIMA) ICISF Australian Hospital Staff Counsellors Association, Australian Institute of Emergency Services (AIES) British Association of Counsellors (BAC) Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW); Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing Association of Australasia (EMDRAA.) Australian Institute for Psychological Type Development (AusAPT)
Royal Adelaide Hospital: Disaster Plan, MIMMS, CISM, AEMI Disaster Medicine, Instructor (SEOC) “Psychosocial Aspects of Disaster”. Australian Emergency Management Institute: 1999 Psychological services in the disaster context: 1998 State Disaster Management Review: 1996 Recovery Management. International Critical Incident Stress Foundation: 2007 Strategic Response to Crisis, 2004 Suicide Negotiation, 2004 Comprehensive approach to Disaster, 2001 CISM: Teaching CISM Group Processes, 2000 Psychotraumatology for Clinicians, 2000 Disaster CISM Response, 1998 & 1997 Advanced CISM; 1995 Advanced Training in CISD. and Post-Trauma Syndromes, Trauma Support Consultants, Melbourne: 1998 CISM for Large-Scale Incidents; 1998 Running and Evaluating CISM; 1994 Trauma and Critical Incident Stress Management. E.M.D.R, 1994 Level 2, 1993 Level 1. 1999 Delphi Institute: Vicarious Traumatisation
Denise Raybould Biography
Denise Raybould has worked alongside Maurissa for over 25 years in The Staff Counselling Service at the Royal Adelaide hospital as well as other worksites. Denise has extensive experience in CISM development, training and response to incidents. Counselling including trauma and PTSD, teaching, relaxation & hypnosis, team building, consultation and problem solving. Denise is currently working as a Social Worker In Spinal Rehabilitation.
BSW, Registered EMDR practitioner, Accredited MBTI Trainer, Diploma of Clinical Hypnosis, Registered CISM practitioner.